Institute for Paediatric dermatology
- Prim. Univ. Prof. Dr. Beatrix Volc-Platzer
1010 Wien, Wiesingerstraße 3
- Univ. Prof. Dr. Matthias Schmuth
Work at the Institute
The Institute was founded in June 2012 and has it´s headquarter at the Department of Dermatology in the Donauspital/SMZO in Vienna.
- Epidemiological research on the incidence of skin diseases in children, comparison of therapeutic interventions.
- Immunodermatology and dermatohistopathology: Studies on the immune pathogenesis of autoimmune diseases in children and the diagnostic relevance of autoantibodies. Characteristics of dermatohistopathology of inflammatory skin diseases and common skin tumors in children.
- Patient education programs: Establishment and evaluation of atopic dermatitis training for parents and children.
- Postgraduate interdisciplinary training and education in pediatric dermatology (in cooperation with the Austrian Societies for Dermatology and Venereology and the Austrian Society of Pediatrics).