Institute for Paediatric dermatology
- Prim.a Univ. Prof.in Dr.in Beatrix Volc-Platzer
Department of Dermatology
Tel: 0043 1 28802 4102
FAX: 0043 1 28802 4180
- Univ. Prof. Dr. Matthias Schmuth
- Miroslav Skrobal, MD
- Astrid Udvardi, MD
- Günther Rainer, MD
- Sophie Hönigsmann, MSc
- Edeltraud Stelzhammer
Work at the Institute
The Institute was founded in June 2012 and has it´s headquarter at the Department of Dermatology in the Donauspital/SMZO in Vienna.
- Epidemiological research on the incidence of skin diseases in children, comparison of therapeutic interventions.
- Immunodermatology and dermatohistopathology: Studies on the immune pathogenesis of autoimmune diseases in children and the diagnostic relevance of autoantibodies. Characteristics of dermatohistopathology of inflammatory skin diseases and common skin tumors in children.
- Patient education programs: Establishment and evaluation of atopic dermatitis training for parents and children.
- Postgraduate interdisciplinary training and education in pediatric dermatology (in cooperation with the Austrian Societies for Dermatology and Venereology and the Austrian Society of Pediatrics).